RE: EDP BLACKFACE/BEIGEFACE

hi Andy
.good to hear from you

>  3. CPU and audio CODEC are now under tin-plated brass screening cans to
>  minimise RF emissions, (bring them down to CE-approval levels).
>  4. PCB now has 9 separate grounding/fixing points to the chassis.
>  Beigeface has 5 fixing points to the chassis, only one of these was a
>  ground point.
>  5. The mains input socket is now a large screened filtered inlet. This
>  was a CE requirement to give the unit better immunity to noise from the
>  mains supply and to stop RF getting back out of the unit down the supply
>  cable.
>  6. 50 very high quality capacitors have been added to all of the input &
>  output sockets to ensure that high frequency harmonics are not sent out
>  of the unit, (again, this was to bring them down to CE-approval levels).
>  These do not work down to anywhere near the audio frequency spectrum, so
>  do not interfere with audio quality.

A couple of times I've had wierd problems with the 2 Beige EDPs
together, with high frequency noise recorded into the
loop. I suspect this is an RF emmission or earthing problem, as it was
solved
by rearranging the mains plugs at random.
I also had the edps go out of sync occaisionally, but
haven't played enough to be sure that probem is fixed as well.

>  9. Loop4 software fitted as standard.

A few of the  Beige edps seem to have a problem with
Loop4. If the edp reboots when the bro-sync jack is shorted
out the problem is present.

>  14. New packaging design to remove all polystyrene materials, (doing our
>  bit for the planet). The new box is similar in size to the original, but
>  now incorporates the EDP Footcontroller, which is supplied as standard.
>  (The new EDP will, I think, be available without the Footcontroller as a
>  special purchase at a reduced price. I'll check with Clive @ Gibson and
>  confirm this).

yes, Loop4 needs a MIDI controller to fully exploit all
the features. A lot of people won't need the FC-7

Are you going to do special deals for a pair of EDPs?

>  15. New, totally re-written by Kim, 310 page fully-comprehensive manual
>  This new manual has also cost over $10 each to produce and we had many,
>  supplied printed in its entirety. I'd be interested in knowing anyone's
>  opinion on this now we've settled it.

A hardcopy manual is essential.
(just an opinion mind)

Thanks Andy,
it's really nice to have the opportunity for user
feedback.

andy butler