Re: announcements list?

Is it finally time for an announcements list?

I don't mind at all the high list traffic, but a side effect is I often let
a thousand messages go unread! (seriously) (but not discarded, man you
oughta see my LD archive folder :)

But I do enjoy seeing gig spam from all areas, I find it 'encouraging' on
many levels, and I've been pleased to actually catch a few performances
here
in <my area>  But it is easy to miss these occasional geographically
relevent messages when you're not tracking the list daily.

I'd like to see a self-moderated but designated LD "looper event
announcements" list. Perhaps any one else who feels that way could donate
$5
to the LD paypal fund? (ballot stuffing anyone?)  Check out the PayPal logo
on the right of the LD site:  http://www.loopers-delight.com (I think you
can leave a comment when you donate)

Kim has understandably not been keen on splitting the community, so perhaps
this isn't the best idea, but its a great excuse to give blood!  :)

Bob Campbell
Seattle-ish