RE: [looper's] RE: Starr guitar

<snip>
The Starr Labs Ztar uses switches--buttons--to represent each fret of the
guitar.
<snip>

.... you could run your entire show without any other controllers or
footswitches.....
Duncan.

Well, maybe--I do find that using the pads is the best way for me to
control
the EDP--Except for sometimes--I never have completely eliminated the
Echoplex footswitch, although it is pretty doable to have just the record
and overdub single footswitches hooked up.  Also, if you've got a PMC-10,
there's just no replacing that thing!  There's so much you can do that is
difficult to do with another controller--and of course, if you're playing a
stringed instrument, it's nice to not have to use your hands to control the
other stuff.  My Ztar is a double neck, but it's hard to end a phrase on
"real" guitar with a tap on the pads of the "MIDI" guitar--easier to use a
footpedal.
BTW Harvey also makes bass models--Billy Sheehan had him build one.  He's
got some other weird shit too--MIDI harp?!?  But the best news is the ZPC
OS--there IS a motherboard in this thing.  The new software is very
accommodating.
Gary