OT: A Sudden Surge in MP3 Activity

Hi all,

I have an interesting puzzle. This might seem a little off topic
but my music falls solidly in the loop category so I hope no one
will take particular offense.

My CD, "Flux Aeterna," has been out for 18 month now. It's gotten
some pretty good press (which I have shared with you from time
to time). Many of you have said nice things about it too -- for
which I am very grateful.

I even did a little advertising in Guitar Player magazine back in June
of 2002, which resulted in a little "bump" in sales and MP3 play and
download activity -- respectable but nothing grand. It was an
experiment to see what would happen.

Now . . . suddenly without having done anything with it or about it
in a long time I am experiencing a phenomenal (for me) rise in
MP3 activity that I am finding more than a little bit baffling.

In the first 2 weeks of February (actually only 12 days) there have
been 627 plays/downloads of "Flux" tracks from my page. This
may not seem like a lot to a few of you. But to some, who like
myself view themselves as pretty "small potatoes" (and darn
near unmarketable in most respects) this is huge. It was played
or downloaded 247 times in one day alone!!!

I can't quite get my head around why this might be. Is any body
else experiencing anything similar? Could it have something to do
with any of the changes taking place at MP3.com? I know some
of you also have pages up there too. Do you have any ideas?

Again, sorry if this is viewed as being too terribly off topic. My
music is built around my use of EDPs, guitars and samplers (and
occasionally the computer). Who knows? An answer, if there is
one, may be useful, or at least instructive, to all of us.

Best,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

ArsOcarina@aol.com
http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian