average age of the looping community

49 =  7 X 7   for me

did my first looping performance in 1980 with TAO ELECTRICAL
which was a spinoff group of popular new wave band I was in, TAO CHEMICAL.
Didn't do another one until the release of the lexicon JAMMAN (redubbed the
JAMPERSON
for our politically correct and non-sexist People's Republic of Santa Cruz
audiences.**

At the end of our set at an electronic music concert (with Dr. Richard
Zvonar and Bob Beede on the bill, by the way)  each of the members of this
trio (bass, guitar and drums = me) recorded a loop onto three original tube
echoplexes with erase disengaged (manually, i believe but I didn't actually
do that so I can't say for sure) and, one by one,
we walked of into the audience and let the performance continue by itself.
I thought we were doing something that had never been done before (because
wasn't influenced by anyone to think up the idea) but have since, due to
that same
academic genius, Dr. Zvonar come to find that it was all old hat by that
time.

Noone in that audience had ever heard it (which is true of most of the
audiences that I
play for still, to this day.....LOL.

A couple of years later, a guy just reminded me a couple of months ago, he
saw me
at the old UNION GROVE (pre-earthquake) playing one of the original digital
delays and I had it on an infinite repeat and was singing faux pygmy
yodelling
into it with a really primitive harmonizer.

I had completely forgotten this as I was poor as a church mouse (living off
of
really 'out of the box' music at the time) and couldn't possibly afford the
gear
I was drooling over until this guy reminded me.

He said,  "You've been looping for 20 years, man".

It startled me because the instant the Lexicon Jamman came out, I bought
one
and ended
up playing them for 8 years (ultimately three of them synchronized with
midi) until
I purchased the DL-4.

I did my recent live CD with two of those until I bought my Repeater and
added it to the
madness.

Then, just recently I got my first EDP with loop 4:   whole new ballgame
again.

I have the Repeater feeding the EDP (through AUX 1) and the EDP feeding the
Repeater
(through AUX 2) and have retired my DL4s (that I love dearly) for
everything
except
my

PORTABLE BUSKING LOOPING RIG  which consists of a battery powered head set
mic, battery powered mini amplifier, battery bowered DL4, battery powered
Boss Intellishifter
all feeding into a dweeby, little girls plastic portable CD amplifier made
of,
you guessed it,  TRANSLUCENT DAYGLO LIME GREEN PLASTIC!!!

This is all velcroed onto a high school marching drum apparatus made of
aluminum.
I think there are photos of me by Ted Killian on my website if my
webmistress (wow, it gets me hot calling my wife that......LOL) has put
them
up yet.

LOOP ON!

rick walker (aka.loop.pool)
www.looppool.info

*I still have the little graphics kit to change the front panel graphics of
the JAMMAN
to say JAMPERSON if anyone else thinks this is appropos, as I do.  E-mail
me
off list
and I'll get one out to you if I can find it........lol