Re: non musical looping

  Another interesting idea to me is the M set in fractal geometry, which
represents an iterative process which modifies a value, and then begins
again with the modified value to then modify it again, and so on and so on
and so on.  The mod is simple but generates complex results which repeat.
These can be musical or non-musical, and also show up in human neural
networks and retinal patterns...

Smiles,

Cara

At 09:28 AM 2/3/03 -0500, you wrote:
>In basic mathematics, multiplication is a form of sampling (this, plus
>this
>again, plus this again, plus this again...) while a process such as the
>Fibonacci series is a form of looping. (1+1=2, 2+1=3, 3+2=5, 5+3+8, etc.)
>find it interesting that sampling/multiplication generates "linear"
>results,
>while the looping process generates "curved" results. Any other examples
>of
>mathematical sampling vs. looping?

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.