Re: "hold" note uninterrupted feature

If you're using a guitar you can purchase a Sustainiac (www.sustainiac.com)
Does the job really well, though it's touchy to set up initially.  You get
more
true guitar tone with it than you get with an eBow and it works really
great
with a clean tone as well as a distorted tone.

I have a feeling this isn't what you want though.

Another way to create a drone is to create a loop (take your pick of
loopers,
they'll almost all let you do this) and then volume pedel your attack
away.  Do
this a few times until you get a nice bed of your instrument playing a
sustained note.  It will be layered, but I find that to be an advanatge,
as you
get a more interesting sound.

Mark Sottilaro