Re: "hold" note uninterrupted feature

Here's a couple different ideas:

Cheap Method:  Hit the 'Record' button on any looping device after the
initial attack of the note.  Try to take as small a piece as possible so
you
don't get a difference in level from the decay of the note, otherwise you
will hear a volume change every time the loop starts over.  If you get a
noticable loop, then you can try doing the same thing again as an overdub
try and smooth it out.  I do this with the Boss RC-20 when I practice
scales
on my fretless bass, to create a drone note.  Although, unfortunately, the
RC-20 seems to have a minimum sample time of about two and a half seconds
which is enough time for a uncompressed, uneffected bass note to have a
noticable volume decay.  If you're using distortion and/or compression you
could probably get away with it easier.  But, if you're really shredding,
no
one will care about a small click or volume change in the loop anyway.

Expensive Method:  Sample your guitar into the computer, dump them into a
hardware sampler (or something you're willing to take on the gig), set up a
loop point in the sample(s) to loop seamlessly.  Trigger the note you want
with a set of Roland PK-5 MIDI pedals (or some other MIDI controller) set
the setting where the pedals send only a note on message until you hit the
pedal again.  This will give you exactly what you want, at the cost of a
measly $999 for a Yamaha A4/5000, and $419 for a set of PK-5 bass pedals
(price quoted from the Musician's "Friend" website).  You could also
trigger
other sounds as drone notes with this rig, as well as drum loops, and
samples of burps and farts.

Does anyone else know of a controller that will send note on messages like
this, without note off, until you hit the next note?

-J