Re: "hold" note uninterrupted feature

I assume you are talking about playing a guitar and sampling its output.
You would need to sample a part of the sound after the initial attack
but before the sound begins to change in volume or timbre.  You would
not be able to apply any vibrato or tremelo to the note before sampling.
(you could apply these effects after sampling)  The odds of grabbing a
perfect loop from a short sample are very slim.  You would need a
gizmo that does a crossfade dissolve on a loop on the fly.
I know of no pedal or rack unit that does this...  Lots of sound editing
software does it, but not in real time.  Even with a simple crossfade, you
would probably hear the cycling nature of the tone because of the
complexities of a guitar note.  Now if you were playing a sine wave
-or a non-leslied organ...... possibly.
--
gary
@friendlyspider.com