RE: delayed meetings (was: OT: ethernet guitars)

>>two beats).  You need to be reading MIDI input, playing MIDI output,
>>reading TCP/IP input, and writing TCP/IP output, all in parallel.
>>Some languages make that easier than others :-).
>
>so this could not be easily adapted to a continuous audio stream, could
>it?

I don't see anything that would prevent the technique from working
with audio, although streaming audio would increase the bandwidth
requirements by several orders of magnitude.  MIDI makes it possible
for "home servers" to be used over DSL, and allows you to easily
connect more than 2 people - audio wouldn't work/scale
anywhere near as well.

    ...Tim...