Re: definition of "LOOPING"

> I want to find some way of conveying without a video
> or CD to a venue of what
> it is that is done and why it may appeal to an
> audience...

there are many reasons why i first became interested
in looping, but the main thing that drew me in was
that it was a way to create multi-instrument music on
my own without having to deal with stepping on other
musicians' creative toes or have mine stepped on.
also, anyone out there who has tried to pull together
a band knows that:

a) musicians are some of the flakiest and unreliable
people on the planet
b) talented musicians can become bit of control freaks
when they are working with their creative juices
c) most people only have two hands, but their creative
minds are far more advanced (especially on this list)

so for me, looping was an opportunity to accompany
myself and translate several of my musical ideas
exactly as i hear them in my head.  loopers are
incredible practice tools and using a tool like that
really opens several doors musically for those who
like to delve into the full capabilities of the
equipment.  these devices are also in their infancy to
being recognized outside of small communities like
this one and although there truly are some titans out
there using this gear, there is still so much that
hasn't been done so it is a great way to distinguish
youself musically without being a clone of previous
musicians.

it also helps to offer a good doorway to creating a
hybrid style of different types of music and sounds.

hope that helps to understand some reasons to turn to
a looping device.

peace and bass...
~e va n
evanmeyers@yahoo.com