Re: Sitar Looping

Hi Bhangra, I "sacrificed" my guitars to sitar a year ago and started my
"creative break" replacing performing for studying sitar with my teacher.
Since my previous music style depended heavily on looping, for a while I am
pondering how to approach the sitar with looping, and whether
I should.  It feels a little sacriligious... :-)  The questions I am trying
to resolve are two: (a) how can looping become a part of a classical rag
without
becoming too techno based, and (b) how to step on the midi trigers while
sitting in a standard position.  I have been trying to use various switches
but I am not happy with any solution yet.  Do you already loop the sitar,
or
are you experimenting with it?

petr
http://www.geocities.com/pepetr