Re: review of Looping Festival / much looping comment

 Even if that
> instrument is a piece of
> Tupperware (Rick!), you have to know how to get a
> good sound out of it.

couldn't agree more.

> For those who feel that an EDP actually is an
> instrument, I'm curious
> whether a turntable would also fit the
> definition...?

that's interesting that you mention that.  i was
discussing turntables and the directions that the
instrument (i believe that they are an instrument
because in the end you do have final control over the
sound and in essance it is an extension of your
vision...but then again, i also look at a studio as an
instrument when in the hands of an artist).

we were discussing a performance where a dj (maybe
qbert?) played the star spangled banner on his tables.
 there is also talk about creating records that have
tones on them that increment in half steps.  now in
the right hands...that could be dangerously cool to
hear.