Re: OT: Re: crazy religious types

Preach on brother!! I see his point and yours. If it is humorous it is humorous in a black comedy, laugh so I don't vomit, laugh because I can't cry anymore type way. I am very afraid of what seems to be happening to our nation and world. There is an evil so deep, so all-permeating that no war, even one that was worth fighting, could begin to pay retribution. There are no more wars fought for the good of human kind or posterity, only for the good of ME ME ME! Everything apears to be for sale. The only hint of morals are cultural taboos. Textbooks did well teaching us that Hitler was evil, and he was, but what about Stalin? What about Apartheid?! It ended less than 20 years ago - a modern day holocaust. What about AMERICAN IMPERIALISM?!Dammit just listen to me rant. I normally would claim to have no polical views whatsoever. I hate politics. But I'm 20 years old, which means every male from my graduating class will most likely die in WWIII. Do you have anything to be so angry about that you would personally explode the body of another living human being? If not then for the love of all our happy little looping, meat eating, gas gussling lives,  write to your goddamn senator! Participate in a march! Thanks for reading and sorry for the rant. Peace. - Kirk

 glenn <glenn234@pacbell.net> wrote:

on 1/23/03 12:00 PM, Evan Meyers at evanmeyers@yahoo.com wrote:

> as a new yorker i can assure you that there was
> nothing at all funny about september 11th...and there
> will never be anything funny about it.

I respect your view, but for me there's something very "funny" about the
whole thing: like who stood to gain the most from this. Hint: whom has
gained the most from this? The Muslims and Arabs here or abroad?
Afghanistan? The Taliban?

or would it be Israel and the weapons and oil industry tycoons here, weary
of the near scandal over the contrived fanciful "energy crisis" they
orchestrated to rob us, and get us to a place where we say "Sure" to nuclear
power or conquesting other coutnries to get their toil, leary of bush's
first acts after "taking" office to include lifting restrictions on Alaska
Oil Drilling for his buddies?, as we all learn to worship "people in
uniforms" display plastic flags and welcome the erosion of freedoms
generations of actual america patriots gave their all to secure and protect,
beause some square-jaw on fox news tells us it will make things better for
us!