Re: Fripp in LA

Greg House wrote:

>  It's refreshing
> to see someone that's not content to sit on their laurels and rehash
>their former
> glory (or worse yet, to keep playing the same old tired material from
>20-30 years
> ago). It might be what the audience wants (or thinks they want), but I
>can't
> imagine it would be satisfying to the musician.

After a Tom Paxton concert, I thanked him for performing songs from his
first album
even though it was thirty years old.  He responded, "I'm from Oklahoma.
We believe
you dance with the one that brought you."

Jethro Tull still does "Aqualung" and "Locomotive Breath" every show.
They damn well
better. (-8

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept