Re: Fripp in LA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Butch" <paulrichard10@attbi.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 01:31:AM
Subject: Re: Fripp in LA

> > It's refreshing to see someone that's not content to sit on their
laurels
> and rehash their former
> > glory (or worse yet, to keep playing the same old tired material from
> 20-30 years
> > ago).
>
> Thankfully, Fripp isn't playing anything from 'League of Gentleman'
anymore.

What?  RF hasn't played any of the cutting-edge pieces from "The League of
Gentlemen" since touring 70 venues with that band in 1980 or 81.  I
remember
being at the show in Asbury Park's Fast Lane and thinking, "This is
IMPORTANT!" - and I'm sorry there weren't any more works in that regard.  I
also remember the crap corporate rock that was being foisted on people back
then, and still think of TLoG as a gem in the midst of it.  I guess it
ain't
for everyone, judging by the above.

Even without the multiple collisions I had with Mr Fripp that night, I say
that it was a breath of fresh air, and I'm sorry there isn't more of it.

S.P. Goodman
EarthLight Productions
*
http://www.earthlight.net/Gallery - Cartoons and Illustrations!