[looper's] RE: shipping

Title: [looper's] RE: shipping

I've had nothing but trouble getting stuff shipped from the US to the UK; every time, fed ex or UPS or parcel-farce or whoever, they deliver at the wrong time. I ask you, who lives in london and stays home all day? but they won't deliver to home addresses outside of office hours, and if it's a credit card purchase, you mostly can't get them to use an alternate delivery address. then they impose their own surcharges aswell as collecting import duty, so whatever we thought we were paying, there's extra on top, plus holes in the box and everything. import duty on second-hand goods?

I just got a bill from fed-ex for another $30 for two simpletech cards I got from a shop in philadelphia because I couldn't get them anywhere else. why? grrr... and if I don't pay it, they WILL arrest me for smuggling.

so I'm in the midst of a guitar-trading deal with a shop in NY state somewhere. I figure that I'll get a return flight and do it that way, thus being more confident of the safety of the instrument I take out and the one I bring back, and avoiding import duty, and picking up some cheap ciggies along the way. maybe hook up with a mate in manhattan. get out of london for a couple of days. this could be a good business opportunity for someone, given that e-bay now allows you to buy equipment from anywhere in the world.

mind you, virgin atlantic dinged my rickenbacker's case quite badly. twice.

arse.

duncan/r.m.i.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender
by replying to this message.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe