Fripp in LA

-----Original Message-----
From: ArsOcarina@aol.com [mailto:ArsOcarina@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 9:23 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: NAMM Redux

<snip>

I also read something to the effect that Mr. Fripp
was in L.A. the same weekend for KC pre-tour interviews. I rather
doubt if he came to the show though. Heheheh, can you imagine?
I can't.

Time to share my secret--I had a chance to sit in on an interview with
"Bob"
(I sure didn't call him that) on Saturday courtesy of my friend George
Varga, who writes for the San Diego Union--I was filling in for Mike
Kenneally, who had duties at the show.
The big quote I will share--when Mr. Fripp was asked how he wished to be
remembered, quipped he, "I wish to be forgotten."

And now the real strange coincindence.  The job I am doing and have done
for
20 months or so involves working with Skilled Nursing Facilities--and we
are
currently doing a job search for a building in Oakland, where the
Administrator is named Nathaniel Fripp.  I asked him if he knew of RF, and
he said not only had he heard of him, he had had lunch with Patricia, RF's
sister (a Bay area motivational speaker).  Seems NF's sister is also named
Patricia . . .
BTW, my rotator cuff surgery became infected, so my progress has slowed.
Can we blame George?  He doesn't drive--that's how I came to be allowed to
participate in the RF interview.  I was the driver . . .  but I did
participate in the interview at one point--I mentioned the 21st Century
Schizoid Band, and he approves of their activities--seems they are a bunch
of ex-Crimson fellows . . .
All for now--Go see some of these loop shows if you can!
Gary