Re: new HW/SW trend?

I've been wondering if manufacturers would move more towards "real"
networking, ie: Ethernet.  With Gigabit ethernet hardware chips coming
down in price, giving bandwidth to spare, I'm wondering why manufacturers
haven't moved in that direction.

    KEvin

>There is
>also a trend toward networking. Kurweil, Apogee, and Presonus all
>have products that incorporate mLAN; Digidesign, Mark of the Unicorn,
>and Metric Halo have Firewire audio interfaces. Steinberg has VST
>System Link, which allows a group of networked computers to function
>as a cohesive system. Akai has ak.Sys Control to network their
>equipment and to allow a computer running VST plug-ins to function as
>a piece of outboard gear.

Kevin Goldsmith                          kevin@unitcircle.com
Unit Circle Media                   http://www.unitcircle.com
New From Unit Circle: