Bay Area Tour Spam Reminder and Details

Hello list,

A reminder/update for the upcoming Northern California tour with Rick
Walker, Steve Lawson, myself, and some very special guests.  The first
leg of the tour here in LA happened last night, and left all of us
feeling very optimistic and excited about the shows to come - there were
strong shades of mid-'70s Miles Davis, late-'90s Warp-esque electronica,
and some surprisingly tonal, almost jazzy pastoral bits.  Each of us is
getting the chance to branch into territory we don't generally do on our
own (Rick Walker is a KILLER drumset player!), and we're having a hell
of a lot of fun already.

Each one of the upcoming gigs has a slightly different line-up and/or
set of circumstances behind it, and no two gigs will be the same...

1) Wednesday, January 22 - San Luis Obispo
Z-Pie | 1060 Osos Street | 9:00 PM

Also featuring Hans Lindauer doing his dual-EDP live techno Armatronix
routine.  We may just turn into a 21st-Century Disco Band...

2) Thursday, January 23 - The fellowship is broken in Palo Alto:

Steve Lawson plays a solo clinic at Gryphon Stringed Instruments, 211
Lambert Ave at 6:00 PM...

Meanwhile, a one-time collection of Looper's Delight regulars stages a
show just a couple of miles away:

The First Palo Alto Looping Fesival
Art 21 Gallery, 539 Alma Street (at Hamilton), Palo Alto | 7:30 PM

Of all the shows on the tour, this one is the biggest wild card for me,
and at two and a half hours running time, there's lots of room to
explore.  The lineup is very unusual, and happens only at this show:
myself, Cara "Goddess" Quinn (all the way from Colorado!) on guitar and
EDP, Jon "Jondrums" Wagner on percussion, and Rick Walker doing the
things only Rick Walker can do.

With two Steinberger-mongering EDP glitch freaks and two Bay Area
electro-acoustic percussion virtuosos, it could go any number of ways:
we might turn into a bass-less '90s King Crimson cover band, we might
play Santana tunes all night... or we might just turn into the
post-glitch looping equivalent of Fleetwood Mac.

Trainspotters and groupies take note: the Lawson clinic and the festival
are a scant three miles away, and as Steve's thing starts 90 minutes
before the group show, you could conceivably catch both gigs in one
night.  Don't blame me if your head explodes from Echoplex overload...

3) Friday, January 24 - San Jose Museum Of Art, San Jose | 8:00 PM

The one gig of the tour with just Rick, Steve, and myself.  This one
should leave us lots of room to stretch out and explore different
combinations of solo, duo, and trio work.

4) Saturday, January 25 - Santa Cruz
Cayuga Vault | 1100 Soquel Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA | 8:00 PM

Another Walker/Lawson/LaFosse trio show, and a special evening on two
counts: the exceptional Bill Walker will be doing his solo set, and the
mayor of Santa Cruz will apparently open the whole gig by proclaiming
"International Looping Day."  Rick tells me that the gig and
proclamation have made the front page of the Santa Cruz Metro, so this
has the makings of a rather big deal.

5) Sunday, January 26 - San Rafael
Bananas At Large | 1504 4th St. | 3:00 PM

A mid-afternoon Echoplex clinic with Rick, Steve, and myself, and a good
chance to compare notes on our different techniques with the EDP.

6) Wednesday, January 29 - Ben Lomond
Henflings Firehouse Tavern | 9450 Highway 9 | 8:00 PM

The last show of the tour, and - like the first one here in Hollywood -
we'll be joined by Michael Manring for various solo, duo, trio, and
quartet performances.  If it's as much fun as last night's show was,
then I can't wait.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some of you up there - please do
try and make it to one or more of the shows if you're at all able to;
this is a pretty rare combination of players to catch in one run.

Best wishes,

--Andre LaFosse
The Echoplex Analysis Pages:
http://www.altruistmusic.com