RE: VORTEX knobs and pots

I contacted Lexicon about the rotary encoders. I know they use this kind
of encoders in mostly all of their devices, and the ones on the e.g.
PCM91 or 81 "feel" much better, allthough they might be of a different
type. But it would  be interesting whether the originals can be replaced
by higher quality ones. But maybe the Vortex circuit board's layout
isn't compatible. But if you do excessive programming/ editing, you use
this rotarys a lot, and I see a reason why they are worn out, if they're
not high quality. Maybe the Lexicon Support has an answer. Or one of you
list members...