Beta test programme for live-looping VST plugin...

Hi loopers. A request on your forum, if I may, as it appears the best place in 'Netland for what we currently need here in the final phases of testing our first revision live-looping engine in the form of a VST plugin.

We seek a small number of volunteers that would be interested in becoming part of our software testing programme. In the inital phase this is to further test the free version that will be made available in early February. This will be fully functional but missing some refinements of the quantise engine, amongst other things, in "full" versions of both plugins and software. It will make an excellent starting looper for many people, we feel, to introduce them to the concept.The full release will follow a short time after and a full application based around the engine is planned for release in the summer.

Initially development is for the PC platform with Mac versions to follow. Unfortunately it has to be in this order for commercial reasons but a long wait for moving over to MacOS is not expected. This is currently being evaluated.

Participants with experience in using live looping hardware and keen in helping us to enhance the software during it's ongoing development would be the ideal. All are of course invited to apply but we would like to establish a long-term relationship with a few enthusastic loopers interested in helping us take this into even newer areas over time. The engine has been designed to be flexible enough to incorporate new ideas as demand arises.

Requirements at this stage are as follows: 1) A reasonably specified PC based audio setup as this is of course to be used in a live looping scenario. 2) An external controller of some kind (a Behringer FCB1010 would be ideal) as the software isn't really suited to mouse-clicking although the plugins fully support automation if your software allows this. 3) A VST host application that supports the Steinberg VST plugin standard. 4) A love for the live-looping idea and an enthusiasm to tell us where you guys want this to go.

If you feel that this may be of interest to you please introduce yourself to us at the email address given below detailing the following: Host application used, ASIO latency (if used), speed and type of CPU, amount of memory available, soundcard, controller used.

Please contact if interested for rules of engagement at beta@pipeq.com

Thank you and regards.

Link and all at PipeQ