Re: looping with a mic

  Hi, I believe Rick does this alot, so he might have some ideas for you.
For myself, in addition to suggesting muting the input as you've already
done, I'd also suggest trying a volume pedal before the input of the
Repeater, or between a mic preamp and whatever effects you might be using
before  the Repeater's input.
  This way, you can fade the mic smoothly without pops or clicks and easily
avoid any unwanted sounds being added to your loops.    <smile>  -HOpe this
helps...

Smiles,

Cara

At 11:34 PM 1/18/03 -0500, you wrote:
>I just had a bit of a revelation by looping for the first time with a
>mic, instead of plugging in my acoustic guitar.  The result was great,
>esp. because it allowed me to easily use other instruments (including my
>voice).  I was even thinking of using a stereo pair and recording parts
>from different positions to place them in the stereo field.
>
>However, the leaking of the monitored signal into the mic became a
>problem at one point, but i managed to keep it under control since i had
>the input muted in the repeater.  Still, in a live situation this would
>be quite a problem. Anybody have experience doing this?  Any suggestions
>on preventing leakage, noise gate on the mic maybe?
>--
>ernesto schnack
>http://schnack.does.it
>
>--
>http://fastmail.fm - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.