DL4 hiccup in loop

My DL4 is apparently very mad at me...
Was working fine, but the batteries were dying (blinking LEDs). Ran the
batteries down (it makes some really neat sounds right before the
batteries are completely dead), and put new batteries in.
Now, there is no smooth crossfade over the loop point. In fact, when a
signal is present and it goes into overdub mode, there is a 'hiccup' in
the loop. If I end the initial 'parent' loop with a few seconds of
silence, the hiccup isn't there. Likewise, if I start and end an overdub
sith silence, it isn't there. But any time a signal is present, and I
want to overdub, it puts a hiccup in the loop. Not a pop, but just a
obvious crossfade. Grrr.
Did a factory reset, didn't help. I don't add any other delay to the
signal, and I took everything else out of the signal path. Happen to
anyone before? Ideas?

Dave Eichenberger
http://www.hazardfactor.com