Re: Cage

  So, the big loop question, as it refers to silence...   If one were to
loop a bit of silence, and then overdub more silence, would the tree still
fall in the woods?   lol!  -and would you be able to hear it over the
tremendous layered silent din you'd have built up?...    lollollol!

Smiles,

Cara

        At 10:50 AM 1/17/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Tim Nelson wrote:
>
>"I find Rick's version refreshing, because so many
>performers take liberties with the tempo of that
>piece, usually playing it waaaay too fast. ;-) ;-)"
>

>I was actually really influenced by the Melvins with this
>recording (and there goes that honk again, right as I start
>to play this brilliant rendition of mine for the 14th time today.
>
>Eeeeeeeeeeery!
>
>Actually, I'm considering looping this entire performance with
>my entire arsenal of looping gear,  2 jampersons, 2 DL4s, on Electrix
>Repeater and one GIBSON EDP just so that we can actually say
>that this thread is about looping and not piss off the
>OT phobes on the list (don't flame me, I'm being lovingly tongue
>in cheek here---most of them bug me too).
>
>Yeah, I"m just thinking of calling my entire next CD, Silence:
>
>a four CD set of these variations on a theme.  Yep, I'm pretty sure
>I can get 4 hours and 33 minutes on four CDs.  Anyone wanna do the
>math for me. I have a cold and have to drive 7 hours to NAMM today.
>
>later, silence freaks!!!
>
>Rick Walker

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.