Re: looking for simple live looper not based on tempo....

In a message dated 1/16/03 6:14:01 AM, schnack@mailbolt.com writes:

<< You might want to consider the Line6

DL-4.  It's 14 seconds, and automatically goes into overdub when it runs

out of memory.  So you could just press record and not worry about it

after that.  >>

The problem with the DL4, for what Dylan's looking for - if I understand
his
post correctly - is that in delay mode, it's only 2 sec. max.  If you want
longer delay time you can use loop mode but then the decay is not quick
enough to create the evolving textures/ rythmic figures he's looking for.
The slow decay time means things are going to pile up and get real dense
real
quick.  All this is relative to personal preference.  If I remember
correctly, the Headrush, in delay mode has long delay times with
controllable
decay rate but I think you have to tap in the length of decay(?). - Paul