Re: Being Trained and Playing the Classics--What Do You Loop?

>Do you ever play "classical" music?
>Also, here's some loop content--what classics do ANY of you loopers
>integrate into your performances?  Any familiar tunes pop up?  Is
>everybody improvising?

My solo cello shows are more sound art than music I guess.  Every once in
a while I'll toss in some snippets of Bach, Kodaly or Crumb to see if
anyone notices (they don't).  I've done more musical improvisations in my
solo bass shows, but I think because (in my head) it's harder to think of
it in a less directly musical way (those damn frets).

I've composed some very loose pieces for small ensembles where it's in
more of a musical improvisation style.

I really admire Stuart Wyatts ability to mix textures into very musical
improvisations.  I need to spend more time thinking about that direction
with my cello and electronics.

this is probably the most I've posted to the list in a short time period
in the last X years since I've been on it.

    Kevin

Kevin Goldsmith                          kevin@unitcircle.com
Unit Circle Media                   http://www.unitcircle.com
New From Unit Circle: