RE: Or, the occasionally opaque veil of opinion

>I KNEW I shouldn't have said that I was classically-trained!  That puts
>everybody on the defensive.

Personally, it pushes my buttons because it makes no sense.  There is a
tremendous amount of "classical" music created since the begining of the
20th century that takes advantage of technology or even plays against
structured composition in tight tonal ranges (a la Bach).

I didn't see the performances, and your interpretation is personal.  I
won't disagree with your assement of them, nor your desire to hear
something more harmonically traditional.  However, justifying your opinion
by stating that you are classically trained is no rationale for any of
your comments.

Sorry, this kind of thing always bugs me.

Classically trained cellist and composer,

    Kevin

Kevin Goldsmith                          kevin@unitcircle.com
Unit Circle Media                   http://www.unitcircle.com
New From Unit Circle: