Re: New to list, and questions already...

> 2. What MIDI-Controllers are most suitable for the JamMan? I followed a
>  threat where the Roland and Behringer devices were highly praised. The
>  delay in transmitting the MIDI-Data seems to be a concern... What are
>  you experiences with foot controllers for the JamMan?

The JamMan responds slowly to MIDI, everbody ends
up using a non-MIDI switch for time sensitive functions.
(unless the timing isn't important)

...but as the JamMan only uses Prog Change any
MIDI controller will give you access to the extra MIDI-only
functions.

However the "extended functions" don't work that well.
The Loop Fadeouts will click at the loop start point.
(not always noticeable)
....and of course the Restart suffers from the delay.

The ability to easily access the different loops works OK

The JamMan/Vortex combo will give you plenty to play
with (that's how I started looping), so maybe you don't need
to worry about MIDI control.
The JamMan/Vortex footswitches work well although
they tend to retrigger (nasty) when new or after
a period of non-use. Sometimes you need to clean the
contacts, or even check that the switch was put together
properly at the factory (Lexicon didn't build them, they
bought them in)

Hope the new toys work for you, here's a link
that might help

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/soundfnr/vortex.htm">Lexicon Vortex
Database
</A>

and search the Looper's delight archives for Vortex patches

andy butler