Repeater noise

--- Mark <sine@zerocrossing.net> wrote:
> You know, I've never really heard the "noise" everyone talked of (except
> for the headphone nose which I don't use anyway) but upon putting the
> Repeater in the effects loop of a Johnson JT-60 guitar amp and turned it
> up and "woop, there it is."  On the bright side, I don't really ever
> play that loud.  If I was doing a lot of gigs using it, I'd probably go
> for the mod.

I hadn't really noticed it much, using it in my studio at home, but when I
used
it in a notably RF unfriendly environment recently, I noticed a lot of
noise from
my, normally quiet, rig. Part of that may have been a ground loop with the
PA,
but all my stuff was plugged into the same outlet, and when I bypassed the
rack
to use just the DG Stomp, it was more quiet, so I'm wondering how much of
the
noise was from the ground loop. Unfortunately, I didn't have an isolation
interface to test it with. Perhaps I can do that another time.

So, with the shielding issues, it may be more effective on induced noise
from the
environment that the unit's being used in then the inherent (internal)
noise of
the thing itself.

Greg