RE: [LOOP] OT: A new Didgeridoo and a fool who doesn't know how toplay it

Steve,

        Man, thanks a bunch, the first site helped out quite a bit as far
as
getting somewhat consistent sounds out of this beastie.  The slightly
looped
topic for this post is that I've been fiddling with mics and thus into the
Boomerang it goes.  Finding out that it's about an E4 (if C4 is middle C),
probably me, my lips are numb and my neighbors are going nvts.  Now, if
only
I had a fretless (have a fretted one and am really didging it) 7 string
Fernandez...  May have to try the Gregorian Chant idea, an old trick was to
use a Shure 58 suspended in a solid metal sided trash can (various sizes
produce some very neat feedbacks/harmonics/drones) which in turn can be hit
up with delays in order to loop the "effected voice/speaker."

        LOL!  Funny part is that Land Of Chocolate is a local band that
has a didge
player within it, though I'm more used to seeing/hearing them from Yothu
Yindi.

        Kim, sorry that the initial post wasn't a bit more on-topic with
this list,
had to have a starting basis before a more on-topic question could be
posed.

        Thanks again to Stuart, Tim, Scott, and Mark for their posts,
suggestions
and stories.

        Back to banging away on a Box Guitar with a Boomerang for my
lack-o two
handed independence,

                Lee