rePeter~

Hi,

Well here's a new looper fresh to the list. My name is Peter Hutter, and I'm about to purchase a repeater (repeter?)

    I've played with a friends echoplex, and the most fun we had with that recently was the creation of what sounded like an arctic soundtrack, with thousands of penguins screaming and crying in the background, with a very lonely, sorrowful and disturbing saxophone singing their pain. How beautifully tragic it was.

    I wish to make virtual dixieland with the repeater, all with saxes for now. Bari, tenor and alto. I also love the idea of being able to pull the different tracks in and out, and am specifically thinking of this with the spoken word community. I also play djembe, and the idea of starting a beat, adding a sax part, then another sax harmony, then pulling the drum out, then adding the drum again live and then starting a spoken word piece, where the sax parts continue, and I can adjust the dynamics and intensity with the live drum, well hot damn, for a solo player that's a hell of a long way for the one person band to go.

    I also was thinking of the repeater as a way to create a sax section in a band. You have a musical motif being repeated by the group, you add a sax section kind of part, loop it, ad a harmony, etc. I imagine that all of these ideas aren't new in concept, but I'd love any feedback on this anyone is willing to offer, especially as it relates to time magazine, brian eno, and scurrilous something or others.

    Off topic the list may have been, and that was a lot of emails to get there for a while, but I dug most of it and it was refreshing to hear some other leftist wackos wack off for a bit.

Thanks,

Peter T Hutter.