Re: American Empire as Gated Community

>      For myself, I'll probably stay here in the States.  Somebody has to
stay behind to counteract
> all these God-fearing-bible-thumpers...

To be fair, I don't think being God-fearing is the problem - true, a large
portion of the insane right-wing in the US claim a Christian affiliation,
even going so far as to cite it as the inspiration for their bizarre
ideology, but it doesn't take that much of a critique to see that it has
bugger-all to do with the foundational principles of any of the world's
great religions. The religious far-right in the US are about as close to
'true' christianity as the taliban are to true Islam - since when did Jesus
talk about the darwinian onward march of the free-market or the clamp-down
on freedom of speech... I seem to remember blessed are the poor in there
somewhere too...

namaste

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk