Re: Percussion on acoustic guitar

On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 14:45:01 -0800, "Patrick Bolan"
<pbolan@csiconstruction.com> said:
> How do you get a clean percussion effects from the body of an acoustic
> guitar?

Yeah, I'm on the same boat as you.  I have a Rare Earth blend pickup and
LR Baggs I-Beam, and the best result has come from using the mic on the
rare earth. But even that sounds muffled.  The only way to go as far as I
can see, is either use a mic onstage or effects (eq, compression, etc...)
 The best sound I've gotten is using a combination of both pickups and a
condenser mic, and then adding a liitle distortion and eq. You can hear
the result here: http://zebox.com/a4/schnack_-_coda.mp3    That is
recording at home though, I haven't managed to get a good live sound.

Ernesto

--
ernesto schnack
http://schnack.does.it