Re: repeater, updated or not

There was really only one version of the Repeater, however, some of the
first batch had a bad component that made it so you could not upgrade to
v. 1.1 of the software.  Electrix was fixing this issue for free, and
since the warrantees are being honored by TC Electronics I bet they're
still doing this for free.  If you turn on a Repeater and it boots up
saying, " Repeater OS 1.1" then you've got the latest greatest.  Version
1.1 added a few nice features like a dry mute mode, but was mostly a bug
fix.

If you're purchasing a Repeater, welcome.  Though often misunderstood
and maligned, it's one of the coolest pieces of looping gear ever made,
IMO.  That said, vs. 1.1 *isn't* bug free.  Rick Walker has trouble when
he tries to use control midi functions with a Yamaha wind controller.  I
don't seem to have any issues of this type, but it may help to post how
you intend to use the Repeater before you buy one.  There are some
limitations.  Another one that pisses people off is that there's a
slight volume "bump" at the end of a loop.  I can only hear it if I do a
drone that's pretty much one steady note, like from a synth pad.  I
normally never hear it, even though I do a lot of ambient music.

Mark Sottilaro