Video Performance @ Zeitgeist 1.4.03

Hi folks,

I'll be doing video improvisations at the Zeitgeist Gallery in
Cambridge on Saturday, as part if an event that includes some of my
favorite musicians.

  rob chalfen presents

subconsciouscafe new chamber music series

@ ZEITGEIST GALLERY

Saturday, 4 January

EXLODING ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC FRONTIER!
with
-THE RECEPTORS
-SUBSTATION

THE RECEPTORS
Steve MacLean - guitar, kora, electronics
Jorrit Dijkstra - alto sax, electronics
Joe Monteiro – zen flea-market percussion

The long-anticipated meeting of Steve & Jorrit improvising together
for the first time (a Nord-Modular extravaganza, “the best synth in
the world”) with Joe Monteiro’s zen concatenations.

SUBSTATION
Andrew Neumann - laptop, switches, sensors
Katt Hernandez - F# violin
Eric Rosenthal - drums

Katt sez @ the trio:
I have been working with Andrew Neumann for about a year now. Eric
Rosenthal and I have talked about working together a lot, but this
will be our first date playing out. This will be a very high energy
group, dense and quick, and full of fast and tiny detail- a mad
calliope of hyper-mepp!* What seems an unlikely combination- a
micro-tonal violinist, an electro-acoustic laptop player, and a free
jazz and klezmer-influenced drummer- yields something quite unheard
of, brought forth from an intent and intense communicatory fire-storm
of electro-acoustic sound.

*Mepp: the jazz of the future today!

Check piece on this show in current Cambridge Chronicle:

http://www.townonline.com/cambridge/arts_lifestyle/arts_lifestyle/cam_artccfrontier12312002.htm

@ THE ZEITGEIST GALLERY
1353 Cambridge St. Inman Sq. Cambridge
69 Bus from Harvard Gate