Re: Glissantar

At 8:55 AM -0800 12/30/02, S V G wrote:

>The 6 string fretless is a new one on me.  The synth access makes it
>that much more interesting.  I've been using the Multiac Nylon with
>synth access

A fretless MIDI guitar has interesting implications. Presumably this
Godin instrument is outfitted with the RMC pickups and outputs six
acoustic signals to your MIDI convertor of choice. The convertor then
outputs a MIDI note and pitch bend message, but what happens when
you're playing "in the cracks"?

My Peavey Cyberbass has an interesting MIDI mode whereby each string
outputs one  MIDI note plus a pitch bend value within a two octave
range. That is, as you play up and down the string the note doesn't
change, just the pitch bend value. This could work well on a fretless
MIDI guitar, but I'm don't know if this mode exisits on any
guitar-to-MIDI interfaces.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com