Cables was Re: hum on audio lines (strangness indeed)

It may surprise you but for over 20 years (!!) I have been using cheap
stereo rca to rca cables (that you would use on stereo equipment) with
rca->1/4" adaptors on my gear. My 'rig' had never been simple either: I
fill a 24 channel mixer with lots of outboard gear (currently 6 sound
modules and 8 effects units). When a cable breaks, its $1.99 to replace
it with a 6' length. And yes, I gig with this! :)

Then again, I pioneered the use of ironing boards as keyboard stands
back in 1981. I use Ultimate stands now. ;)

As for hum, I have never had a hum problem. These cables are adequately
shielded. All my connections are unbalanced.

Here are some pics of my rig, wired with $1.99 6' stereo rca cables and
adaptors.

http://www.oldbmw.com/other/music/live.jpg

plexus