Re: music by numbers

> No, they don't.  I didn't know anything about stereo vision when I was
> young, yet I had depth perception.  I didn't know about how my heart
> worked, yet blood pumped around.  I learned to walk without knowing how
> my brain used visual and information from my inner ear to let me
> balance.  The same way I stand upright, birds fly.  They don't
> necessarily have to *know* about the principals to know how to do it.
> Birds do know how to fly (most do) yet they don't understand principals
> of air pressure and lift.
>
> Mark Sottilaro

we're really getting into sticky philosophical territory here.
what does it mean to know something?
if your brain used visual information from your inner ear,
i say you knew it.
if you loop that information it magically becomes topical...

say, that suggests an interesting analogy.
do you need to know the capabilities of the edp to loop with it?
no, but it sure helps some people. (i'm gonna go ahead and say most people)
same with formal music systems.