In need of help

(ted--)
my (late) 2 cents....my "rack" didn't take too long to get, nor was
it super expensive, since i bought a lot of older gear....and i'm
pretty new to it all also...
but here's how my chain of stuff goes:
guitar--volume pedal--digitech rp100--zoom 9150--digitech
dsp256xl--dod d12--digitech ips 33--lexicon mpx100--out to either old
50 watt amp or direct signal to 4 track for recording.

i don't use a mixer, nor do i use midi, just ye ole hand manipulation of
stuff.
i'm also just using the mono inputs/outputs to all gear, occasionally
i will use both outputs of the lex mpx100 to get a 2 tracks of loop
stuff when i'm recording directly. i've found that w/ my signal
chained as such that there
has to be some adjusting of input/output levels to compensate for
noise. the older digitech gear can be tricky, and i've read reviews
of other people using it saying how noisy they are etc, but i've
found that just adjusting levels now and then helps. i think the
bypasses on all work pretty well also. i'm not a real stickler, to me
the noise enhances my sound. i would suggest getting good cables, my
only problem now is one of my cables is old and i believe it's giving
me some noise in my use of the volume pedal.

so this works well for me guitar wise. i've been experimenting w/
vocal loops, and i had a harder time getting a good signal etc. so
for vocal loops i just use: microphone-- dod d12--lex mpx100. i've
found my other older gear wasn't as good for getting a good clean
signal.

i think a lot of it is just experimenting. i know in some
experimenting my regular guitar signal was only going through 1/2 my
effects from above, and i was glad when i rehooked up all my stuff.
to me, it just didn't sound like me, but i like a lot of different
effects and having different options.
end of late 2 cents....and long too (sorry)...
s---
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/452/hsacnostetn.html