Fripp Fuzz

I would recommand two cheap alternatives to emulate such a sound:

1) the old ibanez OD9 overdrive which is as it names implies (not!) not
at all an overdrive but a fuzz. It sounds great. The notes have this
quality with it that sound sound like they "inflate" after attack....
Great thing. Found it @ 8 bucks.

2) the fuzz model of the Behringer Vamp. Sounds killer when you bypass
any Speaker simulation, and then work on the Eq to dampen a little the
high frequencies. Closer to this modern Fripp sound (aka since Thrak)
More Hi Fi. A little more piercing too, if I may say so.

Olivier Malhomme

PS: ermmmm any adress welcome for the echo pro...