Re: fripp'n' tones etc.

--- Louie Angulo <laab2000us@yahoo.com> wrote:

> This may be the most boring question but how do i know
> if my gear is line level or instrument or both like
> the EDP for that matter?

Well, the only way I know of to know for sure is to look at the manual.

The general rule of thumb when you don't know better is that -most- floor
boxes
are set up for instrument level signals (and usually high impedence
instruments),
and -most- rack mount gear is set up for line level signals (usually low
impedence). Generally, if you run the wrong level signal into something it
will
either overload and distort (signal too hot), or produce too much noise
(signal
too low). If you need to mix and match, there are devices designed to
convert the
levels for you, but that's another additional expense.

The only reason I knew the EDP would do either was because Kim had posted
about
it here awhile back (I don't have one myself).

> If you can refer me to an educational link on this
> topic i would apreciate it

I don't know of one, perhaps someone else will.

Greg