Repeater pich shift question

Hi,
There has been a couple of times where i started a
loop live with the repeater and the loop plays back at
a different pitch.(wasn´t all that bad everybody
thought it was part of the show except me).I thought
that turning off the power everything would be set to
zero but although i change it manually back to 0 when
i turn it back on it seems to be saving pitch +-7.Is
this normal or am i sending evil midi messages?
L.a

=====