Re: Mac G4 midi software question

Alas, I don't know what kind of implementation guys you folks had, but they
didn't know what they were doing on the Windows machines that are reported
as repeat-crashers.  The only crashes I've had in the past 6 years on my
machines here have been 1 virus-related (1998), two hard drive failures
(1998 and 2001, separate drives), two registry corruptions during beta
tests
(and by this I don't mean the "free software" most folks think "beta" means
these days), and an upgrade experiment gone wrong migrating between
motherboards (a clean install is always best).  I don't have any cheap or
knockoff components, and do quite a bit of both video and audio editing and
recording.

I more than suspect that it's situations like this that most folks don't
hear about.  Most of us on the PC end running successful installs etc. are
usually too busy getting something done to allow for the time it takes to
re-gen installs - and, in over ten years of supporting PCs in the business
environment, perhaps 5% of the hardware/software implementations I've
worked
on or otherwise maintained have had problems.  Most of those had to do with
guys who couldn't keep their damned hands off settings and other tweaks
they'd read about in PC Mag etc. - and only when they'd not be able to undo
their own damage, I got called up to put it back together.  Funny about
that
though, I've only had men do this to their PCs, never women, who probably
just want to do their job (not being a PC expert) and get on with it.

So much for that.