RE: Mac G4 midi software question

"A simple example would be Propellerheads Reason 2.0, since they kindly
ship
both Windows and Mac versions on the same disc. I can never get the latency
down below 50ms in Windows XP before the sound starts to stutter. Mac OSX
on
the other hand, I suppose since I'm using the built-in sound and drivers,
gets a 1ms latency with no stuttering."

This is your setup, not a generic Windows/Intel problem.  Get better
hardware, and your latency will drop.  Using an old Sound Blaster Live! &
Windows ME-or-2000 I get a consistent 4-8ms under HEAVY load.

The "curse" of a million different pieces of hardware all made from
different manufacturers usually only strikes on cheap hardware.  With
quality hardware comes quality tech support and drivers, in my experience
at
least.

-Nathan