Update on Looping Hardware

Greetings! Since I am a relative newbie to this group, I'd like to get an
update on the latest hardware considered as "really great" for live
looping, and other performance effects. I have been to the "Looper's
Delight" pages, but it seems that the reviews are a few years old. Can
someone update me on this? Or at least refer me to any reference pages?

Specifically I am looking for hardware that would be low-noise, full
frequency range, as I am working with acoustic instruments and microphones.

Thanks!

--
Ernie Mansfield
Mansfield Music