Re: CD-R's

> I've had good luck - if I remember correctly, 2 bad ones in the last
> 500 -
> with Mitsui brand and burninig with Jam.

During last summer, I think that I must have burned about 1200 CD's in
total, and only 2 or 3 actually failed during the burning process. When
I fist started buying the brand of CD's (Imitation branded), they
worked flawlessly on every system I tested them on, thus I went ahead
in full steam mode, producing CD after CD.

Sometime towards the end of the summer, after selling close on to a
1000 of them, either someone else started making the Imitation branded
CD's, or they changed their manufacturing methods, or they added an
audio incompatibility RIAA thing, and I started seeing problems on
various systems.

They rarely worked on anything older than 10 years old, and did not
work without skipping on computer CD drives (which made me think that
it was an RIAA trick).

They were 80 min CDR's, but they were under 74mins recorded... I have a
24x CD burner, but burned at 12x.

Anyway, by just having a few complaints (<10) from people saying that
the CD's refused to play, wiped out all confidence that I have with
CDR's and being able to sell them to the general public... :(

--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com