Re: CD-R's

I always understood that when burning CDs
for audio it's better to burn at 1x, or 2x.
Which gives the laser more time on each hole.

Also to use a burner unsuitable for CD-RWs.
(hard to get nowadays) is said to improve the
audio compatibility of your product.
(different lasers)

Also, its often possible to "repair" a skipping Cd player
by cleaning the laser lens.
A light wipe with a cotton bud can do the trick,
(or those special CDs with the brush if you're not
a screwdriver junky, though I don't really trust 'em)

andy butler