Re: CD-R's

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 07:27 AM, matt davignon wrote:

> I've had experiences with record stores making faces when they find
> out your "CD's" are CDr's.

I think the reason is that with all this RIAA/DMCA crap that is
floating around, there are many CDR producers who seem to be secretly
making their CDR's unplayable for audio for many CD players. I've been
through about 4 or 5 different makes of CDRs, and especially for older
CD players and computer CD drives, they are unrecognisable/skip as
audio CD's.....

....its a bastard. It has made me lose all confidence in selling them
to the general public.

Of course, many manufacturers also make 'audio CDR's' that are, of
course, much more expensive than standard CDR's.

--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com