CD-R's

I wasn't knocking CD-r's. In fact I'm quite happy with the
do-it-yourself-ness they represent. I sometimes even specifically look for
them when record shopping.

What I was alluding to is the attitude the record stores, and to some
degree, the buying public has to them. It's happening less and less, but
I've had experiences with record stores making faces when they find out
your
"CD's" are CDr's.

Matt

------------------------
Dave Eichenberger wrote:

Funny, in the mid 90's, we were one of the first bands in my area (Tampa
Bay) to release albums on CD-r...each hand numbered and signed. Lots of
other bands looked disapprovingly like 'Oh, did you do that at
*home*???'. Well, with CD duplication then being around $2k for 1000
copies that might eventually be used as furniture in your house, we made
the right decision. And sold a hell of a lot of them, and got good
reviews from everyone we sent it to, including the major area
newspapers, who never mentioned that they were on CD-r.
Maybe you can't get that 'major distro deal, dude' with CD-rs, but
selling them at shows has paid our rent more than a few times.

Dave Eichenberger
http://www.hazardfactor.com